Saturday, November 27, 2021

Let me dream about you and I

 


Let me dream about you and I


Well, for how long do I wait?

His nonchalance does not affect

A voice within says,

It is already too late

Those days have set,

But what an onerous task it is to forget


So let me dream about you and I

This dream which I so cherish,

And am unwilling to believe has perished

I am not at ease with reality

Enjoy living in this fantasy

Like a hopeful farmer waiting for the rain

I too am thirsty, let me remain…


For what is the substance of our unpredictable existence?

Without this divine sentiment.

Life devoid of this love is like a dry desert

With no blooming flowers of beauty and bliss

That rain provides and preserves


In spring, my heart blossomed with hopes – higher and higher

Many summers I spent,

Basking in the warm rays of heated desire

Countless monsoons drained my tears

Winters passed wearily, yearning for a better year

The years cycled with no new season

The flowers bloomed, fell and dried

Bloomed, fell and dried

Now it is too late

Yet why do I still anticipate?


Alas! Time

In silence is smoothly slipping by

Lazily lingering through this lonely life

How I wish I could sail along this ever-flowing sea

To reach the shore I so desire

But I am just a desperate voyager

In search for a lost land

I don’t have the slightest chance to feel the soothing sand


So here I am

Where I have been for so long

Sailing in the sea of ceaseless thoughts

Caught in the currents of continuous confusion

Always falling back on the world of fantasy

But craving to confront the callous reality


(written at age 21)

No comments:

Post a Comment

The circular path of monotony

The circular path of monotony The circular path of monotony Slowly spins around my reality Sufficing my worldly needs I have no reasons to w...